Monday, June 27, 2016

Lets hope July will be as good as June was...a Williamson and Rogue River Report

The Williamson and Rogue have been fishing well. Have they been fishing well on nymphs? Have they been fishing well on drys? I couldn't tell ya, as all I have been doing is swinging. The trout spey action has been phenomenal, so much so it's been hard for me to do anything else. I have been fishing my Jefferson Rod Company 5126 almost exclusively on the Williamson, and let me tell you those fish can put a bend in that baby. I'm running a 380 Airflo Skagit intermediate with a 7 ft chunk of T7 on the little spey. The cool thing about the setup is that I can fish seams from over 60 ft away even if there is a seamless between us. Using mono running line, I can hold it off the water while the sinking head swings the far seam. This is an amazing advantage when as the river starts to clear.

Get out there and hit some Southern Oregon rivers with your trout speys, you'll be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment